Saturday, 5 September 2009

05 Sep 09


Have blogged for a while, so I'd better catch up.

Regular readers will know that last year, I blogged every day when Heather was in hospital. This year, I was just too busy to do it (then again, last year, I wasn’t at work when she was in hospital, so I had a bit more time). As I’m still relatively new in my current job, I though it would be taking the piss a bit if I started taking loads of time off. I kept them in the loop though, so they knew what was going on.

This time, Heather was sent in by her doctors. After a week of being bored and eating hospital food, she was released. She’s still no had any concrete confirmation about what’s wrong with her, despite numerous blood tests and a lumbar puncture. From what one of my Facebook friends said, she may have cluster headaches. I haven’t done much research into the condition yet, but her symptoms certainly match those of cluster headache sufferers.

I’m now three and a bit weeks away from 40 years old. Not really sure how I feel about it, but I’m planning a week load of activities so I can get to enjoy it with family and friends in a variety of different functions.

I see in the news that there are planning to rename Romney Marsh Road on September 12th. They are going to rename it Avenue Jacques Faucheux in honour of the former Mayor of Fougeres, Ashford’s twin in Brittany. Somehow, I doubt that the people of Fougeres will change the name of one of their streets to Rue Les Lawrie in honour of Ashford. Nor I suspect will the people of Bad Munstereifel will the name of one of their streets to John Holland Strass.

Personally, I think the people of Hopewell, Virginia should name one of their roads Michael Claughton Drive. Or name it after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews