
What a good choice it was. As usual, the UK can't cope with snow unlike other countries and the place has come to a standstill. Every road I usually take to work has been blocked. M20 closed. Bluebell Hill closed. M2 closed. I wouldn't have got anywhere. The picture above is off the Lord Lees roundabout at the top of Bluebell Hill. At the time of day it was taken, the road should have been busy with people going to work. Today, nothing.
The photo below is of the M20 at Junction 8 at Maidstone. Traffic is queueing up on the carriageway. I hope people have drinks and blankets with them (well, there is a service area at that junction in a push.

Several friends and colleagues have been on Facebook this morning reporting similar tales of getting snowed in. We only have a few inches. They don't have this problem in other countries. Despite salting the roads for the past week, the Highways Agency still haven't managed to keep the roads clear. Maybe this is because they didn't add the sticking agent to the salt due to cost.
I agree, Andy, this is madness. This weather was forecast, it didn't come as a shock. The amount you have should be easily dealt with and nothing should have to close. Ye Gods....we would be closed down for about 5 months if we did that here.
ReplyDelete