Friday, 2 May 2014

02 May 14

Well, two of us who work for the North Kent area now have their new jobs as part of the restructure. They are on the Consultancy side of the business and they were expected to receive their appointments first. Congratulations, Anita and Teresa. Interviews are taking place now, though most of us have to wait until the week commencing 12th May before we get to have ours.


In other news, Pawel is leaving us to go to pastures new. We do seem to have a problem holding onto network engineers these days. His departure will mean that we have yet another person less to cover on call, which means we are probably going to be on call every other week in order to cover the service. Harsh, but it should only last a few weeks until the new structure takes place. What form it'll take after that is anyone's guess at this point.


We are (and have been all week) very busy in the Operations side of things due to more than usual number of calls being logged and also being a man down this week. Things are very tense amongst the team at the moment. I myself have some sort of mouth ulcer probably caused by getting run down. Last night, I didn't sleep too well thanks to a headache which I had for most of the day. With the impending interviews coming up, I doubt tensions will ease for a while.Although my presentation is coming along, I still need to work on it and I've taken a day off next week which I can spend alone at home working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews