
Outraged of Ashford here.
Just recently, our local chinese closed for a few days and opened up again with vastly increased prices. A normal order from them which once cost £13.80 now cost £15.90. I put it down to them changing their free delivery from orders greater than £10 to £15. No one else in town (chinese or otherwise) charges for orders greater than £10, so why the change.
So, tonight I decided to order from them again, this time opting to collect the food myself (I'm not paying them an extra amount when they are only round the corner). Tonight, they quoted a price of £15.30!!! I checked the menu from another chinese in town and the same order from them costs £12.10 - £3 cheaper. Not only that, THEY will give free delivery for orders over £10 as well. So, my current chinese are charging me that much more and I have to go to the trouble of picking up the food as well.
As I've said in the past, I (along with many others) can no longer afford to give businesses my loyalty and if they are going to charge over the odds during a recession of all times, then I'm going elsewhere.
I can't name names here, but if you like chinese food in Ashford and want to know who I'm talking about, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment