Sunday, 2 January 2011

02 Jan 11


Well, 2011 has now started, as has my weight loss program. Well, it’s not actually a program at the moment. I need to see a doctor first, as they always advise you see a doctor before embarking on a weight loss program. This is particularly important when you have as much to lose as I do. Currently, I weight 21st and it certainly looks and feels that way. I’m now 41 and I’m beginning to notice more and more little aches and pains and it must be down to the amount of weight I have to carry around. It’s got to go. I had a friend who died at the age of 46 from a heart attack. Although his diet was a lot worse than mine, it’s still too close for comfort.

At the moment, my plan consists of changing what I eat and when I eat. First thing I want to do is remove bread from my diet as much as possible. This means cereal instead of toast for breakfast and soup instead of sandwiches for lunch. I’ll have a normal meal in the evening of course. You mustn’t make too many changes at once or failure will follow. I’ve made that mistake in the past. This most important thing is not to deny myself anything. Do that and you start craving it. I’m just going to moderate what I eat. One of my many failings is that I snack late at night. I’ve got to stop doing this for two reasons. Firstly, while I’m in bed, I’m not burning off what I’ve eaten. Secondly, eating late at night then lying down often gives me heartburn which keeps me awake.

I have a weight loss group setup in Facebook and I’ll be sending updates to my followers each week with the hope that I’ll get support back. I do need a positive support network or again, I’ll be setting myself up to fail.

My first target is to get down to 20st by 16th February. Hopefully, I’ll blog a bit more this year so check back then to see if I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews