Friday, 4 March 2011

04 Mar 11

I became Mr Fixit today. Don't know what happened. Just everything I did today worked perfectly and my productivity went through the roof.

Firstly, I was able to get my laptop at work working wirelessly; something I’ve been having problems with for some time. I have also been having some problems with a backup script which kept looping and wouldn’t end. Found the answer to that and correctly it. A tape drive had been running slowly lately. A double cleaning of the drive heads sorted that problem out. And I expanded the C: drive on two virtual servers without any problems (expanding C: drives on virtual servers isn’t an easy as you’d think it would be).

I’ve also started the migration of data from one of our several remote sites to the Trust’s SAN. It’s part of a bigger project, but I need to start somewhere. It’ll mean some overtime next week when I do the final copies, but I’ll have to switch the login scripts over when no one is using the data.

You see why I don’t blog about work that often. IT isn’t the most enthralling of subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews