Thursday, 27 March 2014

27 Mar 14

Day 4 of my SQL course today. I was awake before the alarm went off so got up and watched the news. We thought that getting Mikey up earlier than usual this week would be a problem but so far, he's been getting up without any fuss. 
 
I've been using Victoria Way to get from home to the station. Today I had the pleasure of driving along it without being held up but some slow driver. I don't know why people need to drive slowly along there. It's a straight piece of road bar one small roundabout.
 

Bloody annoying
Once at the station, I battled my way through the hoards of commuters. The ones I hate the most are the ones who insist on using their smartphones, tablets, etc. while walking. Why can't people just wait until they are standing still somewhere before getting them out? (FYI I'm writing this blog while standing on the train AGAIN). The most bizarre case I've seen of this was a guy plugged in with headphones into an iPad watching a video while crossing the busy Liverpool Street. I could have slapped him.

I did manage to get a "jump seat" at Ebbsfleet. No sooner had someone got out of it, my derriere sat on it. The tube was a little more interesting today, as our driver seemed to be heavy on the brakes. I was leaning against a bulkhead at the time, but other standing passengers seems to be flying around all over the place.

Today's subject is about Automation of SQL tasks. I love automation. Saves us having to do a lot of extra work and prevents mistakes being made and things forgotten about. Despite this being an interesting subject, at midday I found must nodding off a bit. I guess the early starts and lots of walking are catching up with me. I also need to be drinking more water, as I'm very dehydrated at the moment. Lunch today came from Pret-A-Manger. A nice Mature Cheddar and Pickle sandwich and a Hoisin Duck wrap.

This afternoon was started talking about ongoing database maintenance. However, the last section was on indexes and was EXTREMELY dull. I could feel myself nodding off and I wasn't alone. Fortunately, a caffeine break followed which I used to get some coffee and water to rehydrate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews