![]() |
| Chartwell |
On Saturday , we visited Chartwell, home to Sir Winston Churchill. We had obtained some free tickets for days out and we were lucky enough to have a nice day weather wise. We only had access to the gardens and studio but that was fine as we wouldn't want to let Mikey loose inside the house. It was quite hilly and poor Heather had come out without her inhaler so frequent stops were needed. Mikey, however, was full of energy and enjoyed running around, though I did spend a lot of time chasing after him in case e got too close to one of the many low walls with large drops. I don't think he wanted to leave, as we had a hard time getting him to come with us when we wanted to leave. He was happy once we'd had a snack and a drink. Once back in the car, we stopped off at Heather's parents to drop off Mother's Day stuff before getting home in time from Sainsburys to arrive with our shopping.
![]() |
| Mikey's present to Heather |
Sunday was Mother's Day, but as my Mum was busy until the afternoon, I took the time to do various chores around the house. Heather got a picture that he made himself (!) and a card he made at playschool. Good drying weather meant I could dry the washing outside. Later in the afternoon, we visited Mum and she spent most of the time (as usual) playing with Mikey. I bought her some flowers and a box of posh chocs which Mikey "helped" unwrap. I had planned to stay a little longer than normal but forgot that she was haivng my aunt over for dinner.


No comments:
Post a Comment