After yesterday learning how to use Navisphere on the course and how to create Storage Pools and LUNs (that'll give some of you something to look up in Wikipedia), I headed back to the hotel, stopping at Sainsburys to get various supplies. Last night, I had salad and sarnies. Not even I can stand a week of fast food. So I didn't get disturbed during the night, I went to Argos Extra and found some ear defenders. They were only a fiver, so not bad, but uncomfortable to sleep in if you lay on your side. Those with a dose of Kalms Sleep should do something.
However, that being said, I still didn't have the best night's sleep. In bed by 11:15pm, I slept until midnight. I was wide awake then and spend the next two hours in and out of bed trying to get comfortable and tired all over again. The earmuffs did a good job, as did the Kalms Sleep, but it took until 2am before I finally got off and slept through until 7am. I don't have to get up that early, as the training centre is only 10 minutes walk away. Think I'll try for 7:30am tomorrow with a number of snoozes to follow.
My breathing is irregular at the moment due to the cold weather. Normally, I just walk to my car and then into the office on a normal day. At the moment, I'm having to walk for at least 10 minutes between the centre and the hotel and also in the evening when I got hunting for roots and berries (or the nearest KFC). I only have my fleece, leather jacket and baseball cap as protection against the cold and it's not quite enough. Didn't think too much about cold weather gear when I packed. Still, live and learn. I'll be back home in 48 hours anyway, so I'll just wrap up as best I can until then.
Lunch today had an Indian theme with samosas and spring rolls along with the unsual sarnies. Apple/Stilton and Brie/Beetroot made a return today. Also, I thought I picked a sandwich with coronation chicken filling, but it turned out to have a "Burn Andy's mouth and give him tummy trouble later" filling. A cup of water later and it was cooled down again. May have to get some Gaviscon of the way back this evening.
One of my readers has suggested trying The Nags Head in Reading. It's only a couple of roads away from the hotel, so I might try it for food either tonight or tomorrow. Failing that, I've still got Nando's and Pizza Express if I want to go for something more familiar.
Still want to be at home enjoying one of Heather's creations though.
Just going through the Blogger settings, is anyone using the updated editor? If so, is it worth it, as I'm still using the old editor but don't want to change it unless there is a good reason. Not sure if switching to it will bugger up my existing posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment