Last night, I had plans to find pizza for dinner. I knew where the nearest Pizza Express was, but when I got there, it was packed. I had been told that there was a Pizza Hut in the vicinity. However, I couldn't find it (had I gone a little further I would have done so). In the end, I went to Burger King and used one of the vouchers I printed off the other day.
Good news on the sleep front (sort of). Sleeping last night was a bit more successful. As I think it's the sheets that are keeping me awake, I laid a towel from the bathroom on the bed and laid on that. It worked!!! Although I needed some help drifting off with a combination of Kalms Sleep and "Along Came Polly" on TV, I did manage to get to sleep about 12:45am. I did wake up at around 3am, but didn't have to stay up long. This morning, I woke up before the alarm went off and decided to get up at that point.
I have been feeling rather bloated and uncomfortable lately and as usual with Lent coming, I usually find something to give up for it. However, when I saw myself in the mirror in the hotel room the other day, I feel I need to start earlier. So from 1st Feb to 16th Feb, I'll be have Pre-Lent. Not sure what I'm giving up just yet. I just know that I get very much out of breath just with 10 minutes of walking. That's not good. I think I'll start by re-positioning the exercise bike and doing some gentle exercise on that for a while. I hope Heather has still got the instructions for it, as it has an exercise program in it that looked quite good.
We've now finished the SAN Management part of the course, so today we are starting on the Data Protection part. This morning, we got through a section about analysing data. Despite having two cups of coffee so far this morning (now on a break and having a third), I struggled to keep focussed. After the morning break, we had a lab exercise, so we had some hands-on which is always more interesting than just listening to someone talk at length.
This is the last full day of the course, so just got one more evening to get through before I can come home. I think I may try Nando's for dinner tonight. At least, I can get some vegetables that way. I might even have a decent coffee for a change. Why is it that in hotel rooms, they give you four of everything (tea, coffee, sugar and milk) and yet you have to use all four milks and all four sugars to make one almost decent cup of tea or coffee? I actually think coffee maybe one of those items I'll be giving up for Pre-Lent and Lent. Been drinking an awful lot of it recently.
No comments:
Post a Comment