Tuesday, 20 April 2010

20 Apr 10

My feet are still sore from yesterday and another 25 minute work today hasn't helped. I went out at lunchtime to find Farringdon tube station. It's an 8 mins walk away with a 4 minute tube ride to St Pancras. OK, it'll cost more (£4 per single journey), but the impact of my feet will be immense (as it's 0.4 miles to walk instead of 1 mile). Hopefully, I can get a receipt and claim the tube fare back. Next time, I'll check the route more closely and add tube fare onto my rail ticket.

Second day of the course today and we are spending the whole day doing Disaster Recovery. I need to leave at 4pm today, so I can get back in time for our first antenatal session this evening.

The first period is now over and we are on coffee break. God, it was hard going. I could feel myself nodding off. My colleague has invented a game. Every time the instructor says "basically", we have a drink. Thank God we haven't got any alcohol here, but it does make you want to pee a lot.

The second period involved a lab so it was a lot less boring. This lab involved creating backups, so it's relevant to what I actually do at work.

I got a message from Heather earlier saying that the midwife has put her on maternity leave. She has been feeling unwell for the past few days, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Third period was more about recovery than backups. Managed to stay awake, but there was a fire drill in the middle of it. Something to break up the day. My chair is still broken and it's affecting my back. I may have to ask for another tomorrow if my back starts hurting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews