Thursday, 22 April 2010

22 Apr 10

After yesterday's course, I decided to walk to St Pancras. As per previous days, it was quite painful what with sore feet and back pain (made worse by the crappy chairs we have at the training centre) and at the end, I was having to stop every minute or so just to rest my back.

When I got home, I had a lot to do. Heather has now got SPD (look it up) and can hardly move. This means that my workload has now increased, so I had to cook dinner before going out and doing various chores. However, it's not so bad. I quite enjoy cooking once in a while, as I like the idea of making something beautiful from scratch. I'm not much good as DIY, so cooking is my only real way to be creative. I have a friend who would really like to try my lasagne at some point.

Although my discomfort is peanuts compared to Heather's, I'm suffering for my lack of exercise. All this walking has caused me backache, sore feet, chaffing and as of last night, very stiff thighs. I'm about to take some ibuprofen to relax the muscles a bit. I really need to walk more. Maybe I should put a folding bike on my wishlist. It's easier to store than a full size bike and would be more useful to me for short journeys.

Over the last few days, I've been struggling to get chores done round the house, but I find that if I organise things properly, I can decide what really needs to be done and what can wait. I also block out time in my diary, so I only do what I can realistically do with the time I have. Therefore, if I have an appointment to meet family or friends, I can factor chores around it so I don't miss out.

When I got on the train yesterday and was looking for a seat, I thought I recognised an old colleague from my KM days. But I couldn't be sure, so I didn't what to embarrass either of us. I checked on Facebook last night and she told me it WAS her!!! She travels to London every day, but was only on the 07:43 train yesterday, as she had an early meeting. Normally, she takes the 08:11. I said that I get into the training centre with 40-45 minutes to spare, so I could take the later train on Friday if she wanted to meet at the station and catch up on things during the journey to London. She lives in Repton Park, yet I haven't seen her for two years. It's always good to catch up with friends you haven't seen for a while. I now Facebook has its critics, but without it, I would have lost contact with so many people. It's even allowed me to find friends that I haven't seen in years (even from my school days).

We are now 10 minutes before today's training starts. Looking at the training manual, we are first going to be looking at managing multiple servers in SQL. Riveting stuff!!

I've just had to restart one of the exercises virtually from scratch, as I made a spelling mistake right at the stat. D'oh!! Fortunately, I type quicker when I've made a mistake. It didn't help that this morning's modules were quite boring and I was beginning to nod off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews