Wednesday, 21 April 2010

21 Apr 10

Last night, Heather and I went to our first antenatal class (or as I call them "Ultranate" classes). We are joined by five other couples (a sixth turned up an hour late and one couple didn't arrive at all). I was nervous at first, but once we got going, it was fine. It was good to be with other men who are going through the same thoughts and emotions as me. At times, I feel quite alone when it comes to all this baby stuff. Heather is doing most of the work and has physical reasons to know the baby is coming. For me, I'm just going along thinking everyday is the same as any other, until one day, a baby will appear. It good to know I have a group of others to talk with.

I've just checked my bank account and it doesn't look like my salary this month is even going to take me out of the red!!! I've got to severely cut back, especially now Heather is on maternity leave. My accounts are in a much worse state than hers at the moment and I really need to sit down and budget my own expenses more carefully. I'm afraid gone are the days when I could say "It's not that much. Let's buy it anyway."

This morning, I'm back in London on the SQL course. With each day, the train from Ashford seems to be getting more and more packed. I had trouble finding a seat, even though I was one of the first on.

Yesterday, I got a tube from Farringdon to try and save my sore feet. I did the same this morning from St Pancras. However, I don't think I'll be doing it again. I'm finding that it takes more time and money to use the tube than actually walk the mile to get here. Somehow, as it's the end of the month, I'm thinking I'll take the physical hit rather than waste time and money, which I have precious little of either right now.

The course today is slightly less boring with more for us to do. However, my mind isn't totally on it, as you can imagine. Heather now has SPD and is in incredible pain. Not much I can do, except get her some stronger painkillers from somewhere. The doctors aren't open, as it's a Wednesday afternoon. I wish I wasn't on a course this week. I need to be within driving distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews