
Yesterday was Chippy and Sam’s wedding. The day we have all been waiting for for two years finally arrived.
The weather was dry, warm and sunny, unlike the day before, which was rainy and windy. Things looked good for their special day. The day started with Heather going to the hairdressers, then me driving her over to Chippy’s to begin her Best Man duties. He was nervous for sure, as I felt a sweaty palm when I shook his hand. Back home, I cleared up the house a bit and made some sandwiches for the Groom, Best Man and I for when we arrived at the barn (which never got eaten) as the wedding breakfast wasn’t due until 4:30pm.
Once I was dressed (having dealt with my rather loose trousers), I drove over to Chippy’s to take photos of him and Heather with his mode of transport to the wedding; a 1960s VW camper van. The owner gave the two of them a couple of glasses of Bucks Fizz to calm any nerves before we all left for the venue.
I had problems keeping behind them on the way to the wedding, as the camper van only did 50mph maximum. I eventually gave up trying to stay back and took off at 70mph. I came off the M20 a couple of times to let them catch up. Eventually they did and I think they were a bit surprised to me pass them again just before we came off the M2.
Once we arrived at the barn, I changed out of my trainers into my posh shoes (they are quite new and I can’t drive in them yet). We then went to the Heritage Barn for pre-wedding drinks with the rest of the guests. I understand Dave had already downed three pints before we had arrived. I took some more photos of the venue before we were called into the gallery for the wedding ceremony. We took our seats and before long, the bride arrived. She looked absolutely wonderful and I believe it was at this point that a certain Mr S. began to blub.
The ceremony was fairly short and after we had all taken photos of the bridal party, it was back out to the bar for more drinks and photo opportunities. Chippy and Sam had some “alone” time in the car, as Mr Odds took them for a short drive.
Around 4:30pm, we all made our way into the main barn for the wedding breakfast. The food was really nice and the main course went down well on our table. However, thanks to the outbursts of a certain Mr “Can I have your attention?” S., Table 8 became known as the noisy table! At one point, we even evicted him from the table by moving his chair, beer and other stuff to another table! All for a good laugh though.
After the meal came the speeches. I have to say that the Bride’s Father, the Groom and especially the Best Man did a sterling job. At the end of her speech, Heather read out messages from absent friends. She read out an email from Sue and Phil, which got a cheer for the Energize crowd and some messages from family members.
Then, once the tables were cleared, the evening progressed to the disco. The Bride and Groom left just after 10pm, as did Heather and I. Her knee was aching from all the standing, so I dutifully took her home where we stayed up late watching Strictly Come Dancing that we had recorded earlier.
Heather and I wish both Chippy and Sam all our love and look forward to seeing them after their honeymoon in the USA.
Photos I took from the wedding are being uploaded as we speak and you’ll be able to view them in my photos area shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment