Saturday, 28 October 2006

28 Oct 06


We’ve just had lunch at New Chimneys. It’s my Mum’s birthday tomorrow, so we thought it would be a nice idea to take them out to lunch. Food, service and courteous staff were in abundance once again. I was reminded about their Christmas deals. Three courses, plus free salad for £14. Nice.

My colleague Darryl resigned this week. He’s pretty much been away from work for months, so this was a long time coming. We’d occasionally see him once in a while for a day, then he’d sign off sick again. The job of Group IT Manager has now started to appear on the Intranet and on the staff notice board. It should be in the paper next week.

Heather is off to Glasgow again next week and it’s going to be even lonelier this time, as I’ve taken the week off for my car’s MOT. I know, MOTs don’t take more than a day, but my car is going to need some medical attention. Me and my cars! I never have any luck with them. Next year, I’m going to get a new one, possibly even a brand new one.

I’m getting prepared for Halloween. Not by buying pumpkins and spooky outfits, but preparing for added security. I’m not going to have a camcorder running all evening this time, but I will have my camera ready to record any mischief that goes on. The "No Trick or Treat" sign has gone up in the window (Apparently, my "Piss Off, You Scrounging Bastards" sign didn’t go down well, so I had to replace them). At least, the police can give on the spot fines of £80 to anyone who causes trouble now. Good arse kicking would be better in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews