Monday, 16 October 2006

15 Oct 06 - Salad two days running


Yes, you heard it hear first (actually, second as Heather has already mentioned it). I’ve had salad two days on the trot, thanks to the new salad bar at the New Chimneys. It’s really quite nice (even though I broke a pair of thongs while getting some lettuce!). Potato salad, lettuce, carrot, cucumber and mayonnaise. All very nice. Sorry, Dave, looks like I’ve gone over to the dark side.

You may be wondering why I have a picture of a lady who is having IT problems. Well, it sums up the major part of my week at work. We continue to have problems with our backup drives and other hardware. We have two drives being repaired at the moment and even their temporary replacements have given us grief. We have another backup that keeps stopping when a dialog box appears on the screen, so that holds up the backup until we clear it. One of the RAID arrays on a production critical system failed. However, that only took five minutes to replace, as it’s a hot swappable component (NB: to the non-IT folk, RAID stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks). And to finish off the week, we had data line problems that affect three of our offices. I think this week, if we have any more hardware problems, I’ll fix them with an axe.

Heather is off to Glasgow in the morning until Friday. It’s going to be lonely here without her and I’ll miss her being around. Of course, we’ll speak to each other daily, but it’s not the same and I think we’ll both be soppy when we see each other on Friday night. I’m working late on Friday night, so she’ll be coming home to an empty house which isn’t ideal. Luckily, the next two times she goes up there, I’ll be at home when she comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews