Wednesday, 20 September 2006

19 Sep 06

Firstly, i want to say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!

Right, now I've got that out of my system. I've been decidedly pissed off for most of today, mainly thanks to AOL. About a week or so ago, they decided to blacklist our ISP at work as they claim they were spamming them. We initially thought it was out fault, but we've found an online article to say that this is happening to other ISPs around the world.

Nevertheless, we have to put a workaround in place. One idea was that we use Gmail to send messages to our AOL customers (good idea, but what if they reply to the Gmail address, instead of the original sender). Hence, we now have a resourcing issue as I, or a member of my team, has to first check to see if there is any outgoing mail for an AOL customer and then check to see if we've had mail coming in from an AOL customer and forward it onto the actual recipient.

In other news, my Mum is currently suffering with bacterial conjunctivitis in her good eye, so she can barely see at the moment. My Gran's dementia is becoming more and more pronounced with each passing day. I won't even bother boring you with the problems I having getting my car serviced and repaired.

Oh well, here's hoping for better news tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews