Well, yesterday was a good and a bad day for me. It started with me drinking some milk that had clearly gone off. Horrible, soon binned that. After a few household chores, Heather made scrambled egg on toast with ham and sausage. Tasted wonderful.
However, as the afternoon wore on, I got a headache and felt decided ill. It all came to a head later on when I ended up with my head down the toilet! As Heather and I had eaten the same stuff all day and she was fine, we concluded that the bad milk was the cause of my sickness. I have to say it took it out of me for a while, but I settled down and was able to have lasagne with Heather later on. I left more of it than I normally would, but what I had was lovely.
I was in two minds about going out to play poker that evening, but ventured out anyway. Apart from the usual crowd (except Matt), we were joined by Chippy and Sam's neighbours Noel and Amanda. The game was as pleasurable as ever, but league players were clearly trounced by the newcomers. Dave was the first to get knocked out (no furry yellow ass this time), followed by Bernie and then me. By the time we got to the end of the game, only four players remained. I worked out the scores and added them to the league table. I'm still in the lead by one point, with Chippy and Sam on equal second. The next thing we need to do is work out when next we are going to play. This will be some way off as Chippy and Sam will be on honeymoon in October. Still, for those league players who read this blog, please answer the poll below so we can work out the best time to play again.
I'm still having problems sleeping at night. It's just still too hot right now. Last night, I got up at 4am and didn't go back to bed until 5am. This meant I got up this morning at 11:15am. This is fine for Sunday, but no good for a work day. I just hope the weather gets colder soon.
Heather isn't well today. She had a cough yesterday and this has worsened today and she is feeling very ill. I'll look after her today. After all, she did the same for me yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment