Friday, 15 September 2006

15 Sep 06

Today is my second lieu day. Just working through my list of things to be done, as well as taking time out to sleep and get some stuff off the Sky+. I’ll either copy the Big Brother stuff to tape or watch it one last time and delete it. Not sure yet. I have a copy of films I want to watch by the end of today, but not sure which. They are Dangerous Minds, Life of Brian and Space Cowboys. Do you like any of these? If so, place your vote below.
I went to Wilmoths today to pick up a new owner’s handbook for Heather. She had an old version, which didn’t explain how to set the clock in her car (and other functions). The guy down there firstly gave me an even older manual, but he found a newer one in the office. Heather will be happy. She’s been waiting for this for a long time.
I’m off to Chippy’s tomorrow night for league poker. We’ve had a summer recess, as everyone is busy over the summer months, not least of all Chippy and Sam who now have only 22 days before their wedding. Both of them are feeling the strain at the moment, but that’s understandable. Heather and I were the same in the run up to our wedding and this is probably true of everyone. Guys, just remember, in 22 days, it’ll all be done and dusted and you can start enjoying your new life together (and with Sophie).

I’m a bit worried about Heather at the moment. I would have thought that going back to work would have cheered her up a bit, as she was very down when she was stuck at home. However, each day I’ve picked her up, she’s been getting quieter and quieter. I know her leg is hurting increasingly, but at least she is sleeping a little better at night now. I suspect this is because she is exhausted. I’m trying to convince her to come out and play poker with us tomorrow night, but so far, no success. It’ll give her something to look forward to, as we have nothing else planned this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews