This is an unbelievable story, but true.
Heather and I were feeling a little peckish this evening and decided we fancied KFC. I drove out to the Eureka Business Park and stood in line at the KFC. It seemed strange that there were a number of people in front of me who spoke to the cashier, only to walk away with nothing but a bemused look on their faces.
Imagine my surprise when I got to the counter and started my order for a Variety Meal. "Sorry", the cashier said, "we have run out of chicken.". "What?" says I. "We have run out of chicken". I replied. "This is a KFC.... and you've run out of chicken?"
Incredible. This is a KFC. The last letter in the name gives you a clue. How could they run out of their primary ingredient? It's like going to a Spud-U-Like, only to be told they've run out of potatoes or going to a steakhouse, only to be told they've run out of steak (Oh, hold on, that one actually happened once)
I left, vying that this incident was worthy of a blog entry and I think a short note to the local press. I know they could do with a good story.
No comments:
Post a Comment