Monday, 11 September 2006

10 Sep 06 - The Ow Factor


I woke up this morning to find the back of my neck, my face, my head and my forearms all burnt to pieces following yesterday's day of play. As the wind was blowing a lot, I didn't appreciate just how hot it was in the field and I've got a tonne of sunburn to treat now. No amount of aftersun is helping and whenever I go outside into the sunlight, it burns even more. Also, I've got a blister on my thumb joint from holding a bow all day. Never mind. This is the price I'm paying for winning the shoot-off I guess. Still, the brace has left a nice pattern on my arm. Makes me look like a zebra.

Heather and I went back to the church we got married in today for a Marriage Thanksgiving Service (see pic above). I somehow managed to sit through it, sniffing as I went, thanks to the cold my boss gave me last week. It was quite hot in there and at the end of the ceremony, I almost passed out. Still, I survived it and got us home safely.

Heather is going back to work tomorrow for the first time in seven weeks. She still can't drive yet, as her foot and leg still hurt, so I'm driving her for the next three days. After which, her colleague and friend Diane, who is currently off sick, will take her in until she is fit to drive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews