Friday, 22 September 2006

21 Sep 06

It's been a funny few days. I went to bed on Tuesday night at about 11:45pm, only to be woken up a few minutes later by work who had a problem. A quick dial-in to fix that. Back to bed. Half an hour later, then phone rings again. This one I couldn't fix over the phone, so I had to go into work. I got there just after 1am and finally got the problem fixed with the help of another colleague. I got home and back to bed at 4:30am. With the alarm going off at 6am, I didn't get much sleep that night.

This morning, I went to the gym, only to discover that the building livery had changed. The LivingWell Premier I once knew had now become a Bannatyne's Health Club, having recently been bought by entrepreneur and "dragon" Duncan Bannatyne in a deal worth about £90m (for an explanation of "dragon" go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/dragonsden/). Nothing much has changed, as they have a whole load of LivingWell logos on signs, glass, etc. which they need to replace. Maybe I'll get lucky and the cost of membership will go down.

I'm on holiday as of 5pm tomorrow. Got a week off. I really must get my car looked at. I need to get it serviced, the brakes need attention, as does the suspension and don't even get me started on the aircon. It's my birthday at the end of next week too. Not working that day and I think Heather and I are going out for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews