Today, Heather had more physio. Today's challenge was to master using stairs. She did it as well. Got a pass from the physios.
We also heard from the O.T. team about getting the sofa raised so that it's high enough for Heather to use it. This will be happening on Monday. Also, they will be bringing round some equipment for her to use while convalescing.
Heather's Dad visited this morning and he continued to work on her vocal exercises. As I was working, I didn't arrive until about 4pm. My Dad arrived shortly afterwards with some food that Heather had requested from M&S.
Chippy and Sam also visited this evening. They and several others have agreed to help me tidy up the house on Sunday prior to Heather's return. We want to remove anything that she might trip over and there's a fair bit to do, so the more the merrier.
I really hope she'll be home soon. Not only with she get better in her own home, but it'll also save us a lot of travelling. Going to Canterbury isn't too bad, but when you are having to travel round a big part of the county to get there and back, it makes a huge dent in your petrol usage. Not that I'm complaining. I'd walk to see her if I had to.
The next few days will be hard for her. Both her parents and my Dad will be going away this weekend. That means two sources of visitors won't be available and as I have to get this place tidied up for her return, I'm going to be late getting there on Sunday. So if anyone would like to visit her in hospital before she comes out, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment