Monday, 23 June 2008

22 Jun 08 - Heather in hospital Day 37

Today we planned to clear up the house in preparation for Heather's return this week. Sam and Paul were the first to arrive, followed shortly by Chippy and Rob and Dave anf Tina. Once we had bacon rolls, we set about our various tasks. Chippy, Rob and Dave worked on replacing the two broken fence panels in the back garden. Paul and Tina worked on clearing the stairs and behind the sofa. Sam organised Heather's piles of clothes and I tidied up some space on the landing. Several other tasks were also completed during the morning.

We then moved around some of the boxes so that they were out of the way. By midday, we called it quits for the day. I hurriedly finished off a few little things before heading off to Sainsburys to get Heather some decent food and drink.

When I got to the hospital, I found Heather asleep and her former colleague Diane sitting in nearby. We said hello, just as Heather woke up and found us both there. I sat and listened in to their conversation.

Once Diane left, the afternoon drifted on. It was so hot in the ward, but strong winds prevented us from going outside today. Besides, we were outside for a long time yesterday and I've managed to burn my head. I didn't think the sun was that strong.

When I left this evening, Heather was lying on her bed. She get tired very easily and I expect boredom is playing a part in this. Despite this, I took her DVD player home even though she has never used it in hospital, along with a few food items that need refrigerating.

I have the O.T. teams coming tomorrow to raise her sofa, as it's too low for her to get up from in her current state. They will also be bring some other equipment to use during her month long recuperation. Mum will be helping me with more tidying during the day. Sam is joining me in the evening to help finish things off.

All set for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews