Sunday, 22 June 2008

21 Jun 08 - Heather in hospital Day 36

Following a morning of housework, I arrived at the hospital at 1pm. Heather had just been visited by her former colleague Julia during the morning. I had brought in lunch and tea for her. During the afternoon, Nicky and Miff arrived. They had brought Barley with them, so we both went downstairs (Heather in her wheelchair) and we sat outside for over an hour, chatting in the sun.

I handed back the carpet cleaner we had borrow some months ago, as I want to clear up the house for Heather's return and it takes up a lot of space.

Heather and I returned to the ward for the remainder of the afternoon. As least we now know that Heather will be coming home on Tuesday.

I had taken in her portable DVD player and we watched the DVD that came with a cruise brochure.

As usual, Heather still tires easily, so after she had had her jabs, I let her rest.

Tomorrow, a group of us are clearing up the house ready for her return. We need to clear a fair bit of clutter in order to make it safe for Heather to walk around without so many obstacles to negotiate. I will visit her in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews