Mikey (as usual) got me out of bed before I wanted to. I checked his hand and the rash he had yesterday had gone. Hopefully, it was a small thing and not likely to return. Maybe it was related to the high pollution as I've read that a lot of people got rashes because of it.
![]() |
| Ashford Sorting Office |
We watched a new Scooby Doo movie this morning while having breakfast. However, I needed to get to the Sorting Office to collect a parcel. When I got there, I parked in the car park behind the bowling alley. I thought I'd chance it and didn't buy a ticket. However, by the time I'd walked to the Sorting Office, there was a traffic warden ticketing someone who was parked on a double yellow line and I thought he'd go to the car park next. So, I got out my phone and launched the Parkmobile app and paid for the car park while I was waiting in line. Sometimes, technology has its uses.
I then went to Sainsburys to collect more supplies of my pills. The pharmacist wanted to give me a pill review, so I let him have five minutes. When I got home, usual weekend chores were waiting, though I did take some time to wash the Saharan dust from our wheelie bins and Mikey's playhouse.
![]() |
| Two Cities, Rochester |
In the evening, I went to Rochester to meet up with some of my colleagues as it was Manu's leaving do. Now, either I was on something or there was a function going on at the Corn Exchange, but while I was getting a parking ticket for my car, Willy Wonka and an Ooompa Loompa walked past me.
The Two Cities restaurant was busy and I was one of the last to arrive. After a short while, orders were taken. I had a very nice onion bhaji followed by king prawn korma and special fried rice (I did order a garlic naan but it never turned up). Still, they did a sterling job dealing with the constant requests from our rabble. At the end of the evening, I was very surprised and happy to find that my share of the bill only came to £19 (as I'd paid £5 deposit some weeks ago).
One the way home, I saw a number of police vehicles with blue lights flashing at the top of Templar Way in Ashford. Something bad must have happened and it had. A very nasty shunt with a car with most of its engine bay destroyed. I stayed up a while as my stomach needed to settle, but didn't sleep very well (neither did Heather as it transpires)


No comments:
Post a Comment