![]() |
| Godinton Primary School Year R Playground |
Today, Heather and I are nervous parents. Today is the day we find out which primary school Mikey is going to go to. We are praying for our first choice, as it's perfect for both us and him. It can be seen from our back door, that's how close it is. We've visited the school numerous times and we like the way things are done there. Our second choice is still nearby, but it comes with problems for us. Our childminder won't take him or pick him up from there as it's too far away for her, so that would mean we'd have to drop him off early and pick him up late (if that's even possible). Therefore, we are so keen on getting him into our first choice. If it was down to just proximity, we'd definitely be in there but proximity is only third on the list of selection criteria. First criteria is if the child has special needs (which Mikey doesn't). Second criteria is if the child has siblings at the school already (which Mikey doesn't). I know it's difficult to get first choices right now due to the baby boom of the last few years and immigration. So, I'm asking high upon high that we can get a little luck here.
To add to my own personal nervousness today, I have my one to one meeting with my managing director this afternoon. Personally, I think I'm going to find that more relaxing than waiting for the school announcement. I believe he's going to be asking most of the questions, but I have a few of my own to ask him as well given the chance. So, I'll be leaving Parkwood at 3pm today in order to go down to Folkestone for 4pm. Luckily when the meeting is over, it's not far to go home and hopefully (everything crossed) we'll give the decision we want and it'll be a good day all round.
No comments:
Post a Comment