Yesterday, I came back to work after a day off following our wedding anniversary. While going through my email, I decided to confirm my meeting with the managing director due on Wednesday afternoon. A few meeting later and I got a note back saying that the meeting would have to be postponed as the MD was going to be busy with interviews and didn't feel it fair to rush back. So, it's been postponed until Wednesday 16th April (the same date and time when we find out which school Mikey has made it into). This was disappointing as I was going to ask him some questions which would have made my decision about my 3rd Expression of Interest choice easier to make. By the time I have my meeting with him, the EOI form will need to have been submitted. So, I'll submit the form sometime on Thursday. However, I did spend some time reading job descriptions and I have changed my 3rd choice on the form.
Today has highs and lows. On the low side, it's my Aunt Doll's funeral. Because of my meeting with the MD, I chose not to go (as well as that at the time of day, dealing with Mikey would also have been difficult). So, if I'd know about the change of plans with my meeting, I could have gone given enough notice.
On the up side is that it's my brother's birthday. I'll take presents round to my Mum's later and if he is going to be there, I might take Mikey with me. After the sadness of a funeral, he might bring some cheer.
No comments:
Post a Comment