Saturday, 19 April 2014

18 Apr 14

Today is Good Friday. Mikey and I were the first up (which is usually the case) and after Mikey had his usual porridge, we both had hot cross buns (though we have ours cold). Mikey only ate the fruity bits of his.
 
At 10am, I received a call out from work which lasted just over three hours. The fix was comparatively simple once it was discovered. While I was working, Heather and Mikey went next doors to Emma's to make Rice Krispie Cakes. Luckily for me, they brought some back with them and equally surprisingly Mikey wasn't covered in chocolate, though the same can't be said for Grace.
 
After the call out was closed down, I set about getting rid of the stinging nettles in the garden. As its getting warmer, Mikey will be playing outside more and I don't want him falling over in them (since falling over seems to be one of his specialties). Once they were gone, I used the strimmer on the garden to get rid of the longer bits of grasses before getting the lawnmower out and taking it down to a decent length. At least now, Mikey can run around out there without having to wade through a load of tall grass in the process.  
 
Later on, Mikey and I played football in the newly cut garden. Well, there wasn't much kicking of the ball. Instead, Mikey sat on the back step while I threw the ball down the garden for him to retrieve. I used to be quite strong, but doing this has made me find out that I'm not as strong as I used to be, as I could barely throw the ball halfway down the garden. I need more exercise.
 
Around 5:15pm, it got a little cold so we went indoors to watch the end of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I've also found a new way to get him to go to bed. I let him watch Spiderman and his amazing Friends on my phone. It's a 25min show but it's enough to settle him before bed. As it was Good Friday, a call to the local chippy was required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews