Thursday, 24 April 2014

24 Apr 14 - Easter

This blog covers about a week from Good Friday to today.

Well, Good Friday arrived. Mikey and I were first up and had hot cross buns for breakfast. Heather and I were both tired for most of the day. Guess it's sleep catching up with us. Despite this, I was able to clear the stinging nettles from the garden so that Mikey and I could play football. Later on, he and I went to visit Nanny where we exchanged eggs and Mikey got some new toys. He got a toy piano which had a microphone attached. It was more like a loudhaler!!!! Eventually, we had to turn it off as he was being horrendously noisy with it. That's staying round Nanny's house. At bedtime, we continued with our new ritual of watching Spiderman cartoons on my phone before bed. I'm not sure who likes watching them more, Mikey or me!!!

On Easter Sunday, Mikey got a huge stash of eggs. Heather and I got a couple each and one to share. In the afternoon, after playing yet more football with Mikey (though it did become a game of "Daddy get the ball back from the car park" at times), we came in to watch Spiderman 3 on TV. While watching it, I nodded off. When I woke about 30 mins later, Mikey was found to be asleep on the living room floor where he stayed until the film ended. He was a bit groggy after that, but it led to a quiet night. 

On Tuesday, we tried Mikey on some new porridge. His usual porridge is meant for 4 month old babies and costs £2.15 per box, which doesn't last long, so we wanted to try him on something cheaper. He tried it and after taking one mouthful, he spat it out. So, with no alternative, I gave him toast with chocolate jam (as he calls it - it's really chocolate spread). I ate the porridge which was actually very nice, so I'm having that. Later in the morning, I started to get chest discomfort. I thought that this was gastric in nature so tried taking Actimel and Activia in order to settle it, but nothing worked. It got a little better when I took my gastric pills  in the evening, but sleeping was a bit uncomfortable.

On Wednesday, I felt better, but it didn't last long before the chest discomfort was back. At work, I called my doctor who told me to go immediately to the nearest A&E. I had a ECG done. All OK. I then got sent to MedOCC who did more tests. Breathing OK. Musculature OK. In the end, it was determined that I was right and it was a gastric flare-up so they've doubled my dose of gastric pills. I just which my doctor asked more questions on the phone before thinking "heart attack" and sending me to A&E and wasting their time as well as mine. Still, I suppose they were being cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats

Total Pageviews